South Dakota Spring Hunting
South Dakota is the last stop in the US that we make before heading north to Canada each spring. We do not have any one destination in particular that we hunt year after year in South Dakota. Each spring migration through South Dakota seems to be a little bit different. Mainly depending on what kind of winter/Spring we have had in terms of snow fall. We typically do most of our hunting in the northern portion of South Dakota but if weather doesn’t allow for us to do so we make adjustments and travel elsewhere.
Dates: March 20-April 5th
License Cost: $45
Travel/Lodging Plans: TBD depending on Hunt location
- Within 14 days after booking you are required to make a 50% deposit. With the balance being paid when you arrive for your hunt. Money can be paid by cash, personal check or Credit Card
- All monies paid are non-refundable. If you can’t make the trip it is acceptable to find a replacement as long as the party size doesn’t change. If you can’t make the hunt and can’t find a replacement you forfeit your deposit. When we postpone a hunt it is with your best interest in mind. Most of your payment is used to pay expenses preparing for your upcoming hunt. By sending payment you are agreeing to these terms.
We will provide all the cleaning of the birds for an additional $15/day per person. We will require paying the full $15/day at the time of your deposit so that we can have the adequate supplies with us to do so. If you choose to have your birds cleaned after you have arrived it will be $3/bird. All of your geese will be cleaned, packaged and cooled for legal transportation. We do not pluck the birds, all we do is leave the chest cavity with both breasts and a wing left on. A wing must be left on them for legal transportation.
- 8 Hunters Maximum per Field
- Groups of 6 or less are subject to hunting with mixed parties
- Dogs: You are welcome to bring your dog IF you book your own field (meaning 6 or more paying clients.) You must also have a dog blind.